Questions & Answers:

What is the cost of Laufer and Associates’ services to job seekers?
There is no cost to jobseekers. We are paid by our Client Companies where our employees are placed.

What type of benefits do you offer?
Benefit packages vary based on duration and other factors. Medical, vacation days and 401(k) may be available. Specifics of benefits package are based on the assignment and hours worked.

How long do the assignments last?
The length of the assignment varies according to our Client Company’s needs. Some are short-term; some are long-term. We work to match the right person with the right job, so if you desire long-term assignments with 40-hour work weeks, then we'll strive to put you in that type of assignment, however the assignments are subject to our customer’s needs.

How and when am I paid?
Contract employees are paid weekly by Laufer and Associates. Typically contract employees are based on the number of hours worked and the position's pay rate; in some cases contract employees are paid a salary. Direct placement employees are paid in accordance with our customer’s payroll policies.

Do you have a general mailbox for resumes, or do I have to apply for a specific job?
If you'd like to be considered for employment, but do not see a current job posting that matches your skills and experiences, you may submit your resume directly to [email protected].

Do you hire independent contractors?
Laufer and Associates hires its employees on a W-2 basis. Laufer and Associates withholds taxes from our employees and earnings are reported to the IRS each year. Laufer and Associates’ employees must complete a W-4 form at the beginning of their employment.

Does Laufer and Associates have a minimum age requirement to work?
All applicants must be at least 18 years of age in order to be considered for employment.

Does Laufer and Associates hire permanent resident aliens? Green card holders? Those with valid work visas?
Most Laufer and Associates positions are open to any individual eligible to work in the United States. This includes those with valid Employment Authorization Documents, those with valid United States Permanent Resident Cards (aka Green Cards), and others eligible to work in the United States as described on Department of Homeland Security document I-9.

Some positions have more stringent eligibility requirements, particularly jobs with our Client Companies who work directly for the Federal government or as authorized Federal contractors. The eligibility requirements for these positions are described in the individual job postings.

I live overseas and want to move to the United States. Does Laufer and Associates offer sponsorship?
Laufer and Associates only hires individuals currently eligible to work in the United States. For information on employment eligibility in the United States, please visit the U.S. Immigration Services web site.

Would Laufer and Associates be willing to transfer H1?
Laufer and Associates only hires individuals currently eligible to work in the United States. For information on employment eligibility in the United States, please visit the U.S. Immigration Services web site.

When will W-2 forms be mailed out?
W-2 forms are mailed out the last week of January to your address on file as of January 1.

If you moved after your employment with us and provided us with a new address via a local office before January, we have your new address in our system and your W-2 will be delivered to that address.

If you have a different address from when you were employed with us, please contact the local office that employed you with your updated address information.

If you have not received your W-2 by mid-February, you can request a reprint from the office that employed you.

What is Laufer and Associates’ Employer Identification Number (EIN)?
Identification numbers are provided on your W-2 form. Forms are mailed the last week in January.

What kinds of jobs does Laufer and Associates have for me?
We currently offer opportunities in Office Support, Administrative Professional, Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing Technical, Management, and more.

How long will it take to find me a job?
It depends on the needs of our clients as well as your marketability, including your skills, availability, and flexibility. Some new employees are offered assignments immediately.

Do you have positions not listed on your website?
Yes! Laufer and Associates receives a variety of different positions on a regular basis from our clients and our website is continually updated but not all positions are listed.

Should I consider Temp-to-Hire if I am currently employed?
Most definitely! Many employed candidates feel that Temp-to-Hire is not an option because they are currently employed. However, many employers prefer this hiring method and it’s another option to consider. Consult with your recruiter on case-by-case basis.

Do I receive overtime pay working temporary or while on a Temp-to-Hire opportunity?
Yes! Anytime a contract employee works more than 40 hours per week for one of our client companies you will be paid overtime at a pay rate of time and a half.

If I am on an assignment and I encounter a problem, should I contact my Supervisor at the client company?
Yes, however, it is always good practice to contact your Consultant as well. You can certainly notify your work Supervisor, as well, but Laufer and Associates will want to assist you in any way possible.

Will my skills be evaluated?
To ensure that you’re the right candidate for the demands of a specific job, we may assess your skills and characteristics in order to place you in an environment in which you’ll be successful.

How can I be sure that my current employer will not know that I’m looking for a job?
One of our code of ethics is confidentiality. Laufer and Associates will not disclose to anyone that you are looking for a job. Your resume will remain with us until you personally authorize its submission for a specific job opportunity.