Job Title: Administrative Assistant, Office Coordinator
Reports To: Partner
Location: Venture Capital firm in Boston (State Street)
Early-stage venture capital firm active in life science investments is seeking an administrative assistant / office coordinator to manage general office functions and provide reception and administrative support for the Boston office. Ideal candidate is professional, service-oriented, and able to take ownership of back office functions as well as day-to-day needs to ensure seamless office operation.
- Provide administrative support to assigned personnel, including complex calendaring and travel plans
- Coordinate meetings, documents and other aspects throughout the year.
- Manage and submit accurate and timely expense reports for assigned personnel.
- Effectively handle as much as possible and appropriate on behalf of assigned firm personnel and exercise good discretion and judgment with regard to involving them as necessary.
- Prepare conference room before and after meetings to ensure excellent presentation (i.e. set-up and turn off AV equipment, set-up and clear catering, documents, erase whiteboards, re-arrange chairs, etc.).
- Participate with the rest of the team in maintaining common areas clean and organized.
- Provide coordination and support for key external company meetings (for example industry conferences, boards, JP Morgan, LP Meetings).
- Serve as active member of the Administrative team, participating in staff meetings, team projects and providing support to team members as needed such as provide full backup support for other EAs
- Assist with other projects as needed.
- Reception, including welcoming visitors in a professional and courteous manner, seating guests, and alerting appropriate EA or team member of their guests’ arrival
- Liaise with building services, landlord, mail services, and IT to ensure business needs are taken care of.
- Procure all office, kitchen, copier room, and facilities supplies in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Manage office-provided team lunches and catering
- Primary responsibility with assistance from EA team for managing kitchen area, including emptying dishwasher, maintaining refrigerator and microwave, cupboards and counters
- Manage security/key card system and parking system.
- Coordinate the timely, efficient, and cost-effective repair and maintenance of office equipment including telephone systems, copiers etc.
- Communicate regularly with staff regarding relevant facilities and IT issues.
- Perform new employee site orientation and coordinate new hire space needs.
- Ability to work autonomously to manage quickly changing priorities and keep the office running smoothly
Preferred Education and Professional Experience:
- B.A. Degree is preferred.
- Two years professional experience with supervisory, managerial, and/or progressive responsibilities required.
- Service oriented, self-starter, work independently with only general supervision, top notch organizational skills and able to prioritize. Comfortable exercising judgment and discretion.
- Strong communication skills. Comfortable with being the first point of contact for guests as well as the go-to person for office operations questions
- Able to focus, multitask and work under pressure; exceptional team player.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office. Advanced user of Outlook for calendaring and contacts.
- Familiarity with firm operations and excellent verbal and written communications skills are required
- Meticulousness with details
- Dependable, taking pride and ownership; relentless dedication to producing high quality work
- Mature and confident, professional capable of handling confidential information. Appropriately assertive, proactive, professional.