AA – Commercial Team
Location: Waltham, MA
Work is generally administrative however could also cover a wide variety of activities and special projects. This job requires substantial internal/external interfaces with decisions being made on behalf of the company. Multiple demands with the potential for short timelines may occur; therefore the role involves a high degree of agility, initiative, flexibility, analytical judgment, and organizational skills. Actual duties will vary according to assignment, but may include meeting planning, travel logistics, business management, budgets, and/or the like.
Essential Responsibilities/Scope of the Job
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask, managing multiple (sometimes conflicting) priorities
- Effectively manage calendars, schedules meetings, and meeting logistics for both internal and external parties upon requested
- Accurately and efficiently administer T&E for the VP, including domestic and international travel. Proactively identify services required based on the itinerary (e.g. ground transportation, venue contracts, etc.)
- Work collaboratively with the administrative assistant team to plan POA meetings and other cross-functional events
- Assist with Congress and Convention planning and coordination
- Work as program manager on time-sensitive projects to assure deadlines are met and stakeholders are informed
- Accurately compile and prepare reports, correspondence and presentations using MS Office software
- Support field (Sales & Marketing Leadership) request for materials, etc.
- Ability to use a wide range of systems and databases in timely and appropriate manner
- Manage confidential information
- Attend meetings and when requested and take minutes which appropriately capture the essence of the content. Assist in follow-up action items, as appropriate.
- Perform clerical duties as requested: maintain team files, according to business standards (record retention rules); printing, photocopying, faxing, and scanning when necessary
- Effectively work with Legal, Procurement, and Finance associates to manage procurement and accounts payable activities for the team ranging from office supplies to simple contracts.
- Accurately perform ad hoc projects as requested
- Perform assigned tasks in a professional and positive manner and serve as an internal advocate for the team
- Interface with field personnel, Leadership Team, internal/external customers and vendors
- Resolve conflict through negotiation and professional interactions
- Ensure smooth and efficient flow of day-to-day operations Position Qualifications (knowledge, skills, abilities, education, experience)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills essential
- Solid decision-making skills
- Demonstrated teamwork and partnering across boundaries
- Ability to work proactively, proficiently and independently in a global business environment
- Ability to exercise judgment, make decisions, and take action to complete assignments.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task required
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Willingness to gain additional skill sets is essential
- Understanding of the pharmaceutical/biotech preferred, previous experience in Rare Disease a plus