Administrative Assistant/Operations Coordinator – Hedge Fund!
Position: Administrative Assistant / Operations Coordinator
FLSA Classification: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Our client is one of the largest and most experienced global investors dedicated to private equity and has invested in more than 290 buyout transactions in 39 countries.
Background to the role:
The person in this position will be responsible for the functions and tasks enumerated below. Given the broad set of responsibilities associated with the role, the ability to work across and assist all professionals of the equity fund team will be essential to the success of this function and role.
Our client Company is offering an exciting opportunity for a college graduate with 1-2 years of administrative support experience in financial services to join one of the best companies in Boston! This is an ideal role for someone who views the administrative role as their professional calling and yet, who enjoys taking on special finance / accounting responsibilities in addition to the suite of admin responsibilities as outlined below:
- Work collaboratively with all equity fund team members providing clerical and administrative support including correspondence, telephone assistance, booking travel, arranging meetings, maintaining calendars and schedules, expense reporting, office filing, and developing presentations
- Provide assistance with electronic files, including creating and editing PowerPoint, Excel spreadsheets, and word processing documents
- Interact and liaise with both internal and external personnel at various levels
- Attend various meetings in order to prepare meeting minutes and coordinate follow-up actions
- Plan and schedule meetings, including location and travel
- Perform assigned duties under the direction of the equity fund director to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures, and standards required for maintaining accounting records, including the following:
- Assist in performing daily and monthly cash reconciliations
- Assist with reviewing trade confirms and investment account reconciliations between internal portfolio accounting records and the various third parties
- Assist in coordination and distribution of investor statements and reports
- Assist in compiling all necessary working papers and documentation for year-end audit and tax reporting
Qualifications and Skills
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college/university; accounting classes a plus
- 1-2 years of work experience, hedge fund or private equity firms a plus
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including
- Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word
- Highly effective communicator
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong initiative and willingness to increase responsibilities over time
- Ability to assume and perform multiple tasks concurrently from various management members
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent work ethic and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate ability to use discretion, judgment, and tact when working with confidential and sensitive information
Salary range: up to 75k plus 20% bonus and 100% paid benefits. Hours: 9-5, M-F, in the beautiful Back Bay of Boston location.
All qualified candidates are urged to submit a confidential resume and cover letter in two Word documents to: [email protected] We are unable to accept non-US resident applications.