Director of Student Financial Services
Position Title: Director of Student Financial Services
Department: Student Affairs
Reports to: Vice President of Student Affairs/Dean of Students
The Director’s primary role is to establish effective, compliant, and efficient business processes in the administration of financial aid and student accounts to accurately and timely provide financial services to students and their families. The Director ensures proper management of funds in compliance with federal and state regulations and institutional policies while ensuring that the department provides excellent customer service to all students, faculty, and staff.
Essential Job Functions:
- Interpret federal, state, and institutional regulations and policies; communicate interpretations and ensure college-wide compliance; implement new programs and regulatory changes as required; document and maintain internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all regulations.
- Manage all federal, state, and institutional funds, including budgets, allocations, and reconciliations; ensure awarding guidelines are compliant; ensure all R2T4 calculations and completed and communicated in a timely manner; ensure all required returns and/or post-withdrawal disbursements are processed in compliance with federal and state programs; process all student stipends; post all student tuition and fees including adjustments to enrollments during each add/drop period.
- Responsible for the calculation and communication of key performance metrics such as Department of Education 90/10 ratios, default rates, financial responsibility, account reconciliations, and all other financial aid related reporting requirements.
- Provide leadership and guidance for all Gainful Employment and MA Attorney General initiatives; develop and maintain disclosures, generate required reports for timely submission, and provide feedback and guidance on current program standing.
- In conjunction with the Director of Finance, forecast, plan, budget, and define institutional expenditures to ensure optimal financial aid strategies that best meet the needs of students while advancing the College’s strategic goals.
- Facilitate annual third-party SFS audits, compiling data, overseeing the on-site visit and ensuring on-time and accurate submissions; develop, implement and ensure correct action plans are followed when needed.
- Serve as the institution’s key holder for all external reporting, ensuring all submissions are completed timely and accurately; gather, analyze and report all internal financial aid and student account data for these reports.
- Provide training, leadership, and direction to the Student Accounts team; set short- and long-term goals and motivate the staff to achieve them.
- Provide training on best practices to departments across campus, including Financial Aid Planning, Admissions, and Registrar, to ensure compliance with all regulations.
- Oversee all enrollment reporting in NSLDS, COD, NSC, and CampusVue to ensure accuracy of the data and compliance with all federal regulations.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree with at least 7 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified, with experience at a private college.
- Knowledge of principles, practices, methodologies, and procedures for the needs of student financial aid to all types of academic programs.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including evening and weekend hours. May require travel to the Taunton location occasionally.
- Supervisory function