Executive Assistant | Midtown Manhattan
Position: Executive Assistant / NYC
Department: Deal / Tech team
FLSA Classification: Full-time, Non-ExemptJob Description
We are looking for a strong administrative professional to support a team of six investment professionals, based in NYC. The Executive Assistant will be an integral part of that team. The ideal candidate would be polished, professional, and articulate and have excellent management skills. Regular hours are 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, although there is an expectation that the person in this position will be available after hours to assist if the team is traveling or for any last- minute items that may come up.
- Maintain calendars, schedule appointments, and set up meetings
- Make extensive travel arrangements, both international as well as domestic; prepare itineraries and expense reports; maintain database of travel preferences
- Answer phones, often of a confidential and/or sensitive nature
- Maintain proper flow of information with support groups (e.g., corporate services) with full knowledge of relevant interests
- Qualify potential deal prospects who call and determine how to manage the leads
- Track and maintain database of deal sources and professional support groups (executive search, bankers, etc.)
- Track and maintain database of physical documents related to sector expertise as requested
- Track and maintain deal information, both electronic and physical
- Creation and maintenance of information systems to support team: key information, portfolio phone lists, brochure inserts, board meeting charts, etc.
- Help prepare and /or edit presentations using PowerPoint as needed.
- Work well and closely with the other assistants in the NYC office as well as coordinate work with the Tech team Admins in Palo Alto.
- Plan team events as needed (dinners, team activities, etc.)
Skills required (in addition to general administrative skills)
- Excellent communications skills – written and verbal
- Computer skills (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Zoom, Slack, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Must be able to assess situations and determine appropriate action
- Highly organized: willing and able to assure that all physical and electronic data is properly stored and maintained
- At least 6 years of experience as an Executive Assistant in a private equity, investment banking, management consulting, or other professional financial services firm
- 4-year college degree
- Excellent skills and experience with Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
All qualified candidates are urged to submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] for assured response. We are unable to accept non-US residents requiring sponsorship. This is an immediate, direct hire.
Comprehensive benefits all paid 100% (family included) plus generous 20% cash bonus, 100% match on first 12k into 401(k) plus more, plus 10% profit sharing annual contrib!