Executive Assistant – Private Equity
Position: Executive Assistant
We are seeking an administrative professional to support a team of investment professionals, including a Managing Partner and a Managing Director. The team will grow from this. The ideal candidate will be professional and articulate, with excellent management skills.
The Managing Partner and Managing Director are all part of the same investment team, Industrial Services (IND). The Executive Assistant will be an integral part of that team. There is an expectation that the person in this position will be available after hours to assist if the team is traveling or for any last- minute items that may come up.
- Maintain calendars, schedule appointments and set up meetings
- Make extensive travel arrangements, both international as well as domestic; prepare itineraries and expense reports; maintain database of travel preferences
- Answer phones, often of a confidential and/or sensitive nature
- Maintain proper flow of information with support groups (e.g., corporate services) with full knowledge of relevant interests
- Qualify potential deal prospects who call and determine how to manage the leads
- Track and maintain database of deal sources and professional support groups (executive search, bankers, etc.)
- Track and maintain database of physical documents related to sector expertise as requested
- Track and maintain deal information, both electronic and physical
- Creation and maintenance of information systems to support team: key information, portfolio phone lists, brochure inserts, board meeting charts, etc.
- Coordinate with portfolio companies for supported individuals regarding meetings, information flow, etc.
- Help prepare presentations using PowerPoint
Skills required (in addition to general administrative skills)
- Excellent communications skills – written and verbal
- Able to engage with people at all levels, likeable, and approachable.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision, proactive in approach
- Must be able to assess situations and determine appropriate action
- Must be skilled at scheduling, highly organized, and have a high attention to detail
- At least 8 years of experience as an Executive Assistant in a professional services firm such as private equity or management consulting
- College degree a must
- Dependable, and likes being busy