Executive Assistant to CMO
Executive Assistant to CMO
Our client company is a dynamic, fast-paced, high-growth biotechnology firm that is working to eradicate cancer. We are seeking a professional EA who will build relationships with key stakeholders and will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities. This crucial member of the team will report directly to and support the Chief Medical Officer (CMO), the CMO’s direct reports, and occasionally additional team members.
- Manages the CMO and team member’s calendars, meetings and schedules, resolving scheduling conflicts as they arise and prioritizing issues to ensure an effective time management approach. Communicate agendas and respond to calendar changes as needed.
- Work closely and effectively with the CMO and team members to steer upcoming commitments and responsibilities, as well as organizational issues, and follow up as necessary.
- Coordinate detailed domestic and international travel arrangements for CMO and team members including air, hotel, car, etc. as business needs dictate. Complete expense reports and credit card reconciliation.
- Manage mail, invoices, opening purchase orders, execution of confidentiality agreements and consulting agreements.
- Coordinate logistics of commercial development team programs and special events including team meetings, conferences, seminars, workshops, off-site meetings, special projects and department outings/team building.
- Responsible for scheduling candidate interviews for open positions within the team and for overseeing new employee orientation for new hires one they are hired.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders with professionalism, accuracy and speed. Present a positive and professional image to all visitors, suppliers and other persons.
- Facilitate communication from CMO and team members by soliciting information from the team, providing critical updates, anticipating questions and organizing priorities. Proactive in all areas of work.
- Prepare and proof correspondence including letters, memos, documents and reports as required and maintain up-to-date paper and electronic files. Produce presentations using PowerPoint.
- Review all documents, reports, and correspondence prepared for executive signatures for format, content, grammar, spelling and make edits as necessary.
- Take initiative to problem solve, troubleshoot, and/or escalate issues. Applies a thorough knowledge of company operations and policies and procedures on a daily basis.
- Prior experience as an executive assistant in a high-growth, fast-paced environment is required. Experience within the biotech/pharmaceutical industry is highly preferred.
- Exceptional technical and computer skills, including MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Competence in performing administrative duties with no direction (i.e. typing, coordinating calendar availability, emailing, copying, preparing presentation slides, preparing agendas and scheduling travel arrangements).
- Serves as a trusted advisor and demonstrates a high degree of tact, diplomacy, judgment, and discretion.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, juggle multiple tasks simultaneously in fast-paced environment.
- A solutions-oriented team player with a customer service mentality.
- Impeccable organizational skills in additional to top-tier verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail in everything that you do.
- Handle sensitive information with confidentiality and utmost integrity.
- Ability to quickly pick up on various IT systems and various reporting tools.
- Comfortable collaborating with all levels of employees and possesses conflict management skills.
- A collaborator who communicates in an open, clear, complete, timely and consistent manner who listens effectively and invites response and discussion.