Executive Assistant to the CEO
Our Client Company's busy CEO requires a top-notch Executive Assistant to provide the full gamut of traditional administrative support activities alongside building out and managing the day-to-day administrative operations for the office.
What You’ll Be Doing:
As our Executive Assistant, you will bring your in-depth knowledge, expertise and experience providing exceptional administrative support to the top company executive. You’ll be taking all of those important activities off of our CEO’s plate so that he can focus on the vision, growth, and science of the business. You will also be creating, further developing, and overseeing all things associated with the company’s admin support operational functions including systems, processes, and procedures of the executive office. Being a small startup of 55 employees at this writing, there will be the opportunity to contribute, wear a variety of hats, and take ownership within your designated areas of responsibility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proofreading, editing, preparing, and maintaining correspondence, presentations, reports, schedules, agendas, meeting minutes, and more.
- Coordinating, updating, and maintaining the CEO’s calendar as well as assisting with prioritizing and helping to keep the day running on track.
- Planning, scheduling, coordinating, and/or attending meetings; creating and disseminating all related materials; compiling and maintaining meeting minutes.
- Serving as the administrative representative of the company by phone, email, in-person, and virtually; liaising with board members, investors, contractors, vendors, service providers, and others integral to the continued growth and success of the business.
- Coordinating all aspects of domestic and international travel (flights, hotels, transportation, conferences, etc.) and supporting the CEO in having a smooth travel experience.
- Creating, administering, organizing, and maintaining office records, files, databases, and systems while ensuring data is efficiently organized, up to date, and appropriately safeguarded.
- Undertaking a variety of general office duties related to mail, deliveries, office supplies, office equipment, and more.
- Assisting with clerical accounting activities including inputting and reviewing vendor invoices for accuracy, obtaining approval of invoices for payment, and monitoring to ensure accounts with vendors are remaining current.
- Planning, coordinating, managing, and/or participating in assigned special projects including the upcoming move to a larger (but nearby) office facility – also on the Red Line in Cambridge.
Our Ideal Candidate:
Due to size of the company and the nature of the role supporting the CEO, this a key hire for our team:
- You will bring 5-10 years of C-level support experience, preferably out of the life sciences space, along with your masterful organizational, time management, well-honed communication and organizational skills to the table, as well as a friendly and professional demeanor
- You will serve as an ambassador and face of the company for key events and with highly placed members of the team, board of director members and other key players within and external to the organization
- You are adept at all international and domestic travel arrangements, travel/expense reporting and ever-changing calendar and meeting planning
- You view your professional calling as a high-touch Executive Assistant who thrives on working in a fast-paced, ever changing environment where your thoughts and ideas will be heard.
If this sounds like you, email us at [email protected] for more information with your resume and cover letter for immediate response.
Note: You will work partly onsite and offsite during COVID-19 with the objective of becoming full time in the office once the all-clear is given and it is safe to work at the office.