Front Office Coordinator/Admin Assistant
Our venture capital firm has identified a need to add an office coordinator / administrative assistant to support general office functions and provide reception and support for a 25-person office in the Back Bay of Boston. Working closely with two other administrative professionals, the ideal candidate is polished, service-oriented, team-minded, and able to take ownership of back office functions as well as day-to-day needs to ensure seamless office operation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage reception, including welcoming visitors in a professional and courteous manner, seating guests, and alerting team members of their guests’ arrival
- Liaise with building services, landlord, and mail services to ensure business needs are met
- Procure all office, kitchen, copier room, and facilities supplies in a timely and cost-effective way
- Manage office-provided team lunches and catering
- Primarily responsible for managing kitchen area including emptying dishwasher and maintaining refrigerator, microwave, cupboards and counters
- Manage security/key card system and parking system
- Coordinate the timely, efficient, and cost-effective repair and maintenance of office equipment including telephone systems, copiers etc.
- Communicate regularly with staff regarding relevant facilities and IT issues
- Perform new employee site orientation and coordinate new hire space needs
- Ability to work autonomously to manage quickly changing priorities and keep the office running smoothly
- Provide administrative support to assigned personnel, including calendaring, travel planning, and expense reporting
- Coordinate meetings and supporting documents for assigned personnel
- Prepare conference room before and after meetings to ensure excellent presentation (i.e. set-up and turn off AV equipment, set-up and clear catering, documents, erase whiteboards, re-arrange chairs, etc.)
- Participate with the rest of the team in maintaining common areas clean and organized
- Provide coordination and support for key external company meetings (e.g., industry conferences, boards, JP Morgan, LP Meetings).
- Serve as active member of the Administrative team by participating in staff meetings, team projects; Provide support and back-up to admin team members as needed
- Assist with other projects as needed
The successful candidate will ideally posses:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Two years professional experience with progressive responsibilities required
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills required
Some of the best benefits and amazing culture out there! Unlimited PTO plus awesome office setting, a warm and friendly team and learning opportunities make this one job to aim for!