Global Meeting & Events Planner – Contract – 45-50/hr
Our client, a growing life sciences, Cambridge based company is seeking a long term contractor for the following:
Job Title: Contractor, Global Meeting & Events
We are seeking a Contractor, Global Meetings & Events to provide meeting planning support to the Meeting Management group within Global Business Operations.
In this highly visible and essential role and as a representative of the Global Business Operations team, the candidate will be responsible for providing support on budgeting, planning, and execution along with the reconciliation of expenses for all meeting and events associated with Medical Meetings (Ad Boards, Investigator Meetings, Roundtables) & Congresses.
S/he will act as a full-service planner or use third party vendors to meet the business needs under the guidance of the department manager.The ideal candidate will have strong project management and communication skills and be able to work to priorities with little supervision.
S/He must be highly organized, detail oriented, flexible, have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects with tight deadlines.
The ideal candidate will require the ability to work collaboratively with members of the Commercial and Medical groups and Brand Leads to deliver a high standard of meeting planning excellence to the business stakeholders.
In addition to sound and proven technical capabilities, the role requires strong and mature interpersonal skills at all levels, internally and externally, requiring a significant amount of collaboration throughout all levels of the organization.
S/he should understand the business, corporate culture and be able to keep up with evolving priorities. S/he will be expected to contribute to broader department programs and company goals. A high level of initiative, self-motivation, flexibility, creativity and collaboration is required to develop, plan and execute successful meetings and events.This position will report to the Associate Director of Global Meetings & Events
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Define and clarify meeting or congress related needs with the Program Team/Lead and work with them to establish and drive congress/meeting expectations.
- In collaboration with the Program Manager, create and manage to an approved budget and ensure compliance with corporate and departmental financial policies
- In collaboration with legal and the program lead, create and maintain legal documents to ensure CDAs or Consulting Agreements are in place with each attendee prior to the start date of an Investigator Meeting/Ad Board• Manage all meeting/congress requirements including but not limited to; identifying sites for meetings, invitations, registration, air and ground travel, food and beverage requirements, audio visual, amenity selection, budget reconciliation and program evaluations and follow-up.
- Organize event logistics including exhibitor contracts, booth set up and teardown, booth staff, collateral, promotional items, lead generation, speaker presentations, and strategic planning.• Build and maintain relationships with internal business partners such as Business Planning & Program Management, Finance, Travel, Legal as well as external vendors to ensure a professional corporate image
- Ability to act independently & be resourceful in approach to problem solving
- Foster a collaborative team environment, delivering high value support to the team• Ability to effectively manage external vendors & internal stakeholders while establishing collaborative relationships
- 3-5 yrs. years biotech/pharmaceutical meetings management experience required. The following meeting planning event types are a requirement:
- Congress planning & onsite execution
- Ad Board planning & onsite execution• Investigator Meeting planning & onsite execution
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Experience/hands on usage of Cvent Event Management software program is required.
Bachelor's Degree desired. CMP preferred.
Start Date: 04/23/2019
Estimated End Date: 12/20/2019