Documentation management – understanding best practices, CMS system; critical to have attention to detail; creative, able to work quickly and prioritize. Flexible. Able to work in a very fast pace – ie: sometimes in the clinical area, there can be 30 clinical agreements that come up at once.
Our client seeks an exceptional candidate for a Manager, Contracts. The successful candidate will possess significant experience in drafting and negotiating a high volume of life sciences contracts with a particular emphasis on clinical, research and services contracts. The Manager, Contracts will work across functions and team as a trusted partner to proactively facilitate the efficient negotiation, execution and tracking of contracts with a focus on client service, professionalism, confidentiality, superior organizational and prioritization skills, and a high level of attention to detail. This position reports to the Senior Director, Corporate Counsel.
- Partner with Blueprint’s contracts manager and contracts attorney to draft and negotiate a high volume of contracts for clinical, research, quality, manufacturing, commercial and other internal business partners, including clinical trial agreements, master services agreements, consulting agreements, confidentiality agreements, research agreements and other business agreements.
- Act as a liaison between internal business partners, legal department, external vendors and outside counsel as necessary for contract drafting, negotiations, processes and inquiries.
- Master and seek to continue to improve the internal contracting process, including administering an integrated contracts management system and developing internal training materials related to the contracting process.
- Work in close collaboration with cross-functional teams and external vendors on contract maintenance, renewals and terminations.
- Ensure fully executed contracts are properly entered into the contracts management system and update information, as required.
- Actively help implement and manage contract and document management tools and other technology adopted by the legal department.
- Help develop and implement new policies, procedures and contract templates and provide education and training to internal clients.
- Work closely with members of finance and other departments to help ensure compliance with cross-functional policies and procedures.
- Develop reports, presentations, spreadsheets, memos and other documents for the legal department, internal clients and/or the senior management team.
- Complete special projects as requested, such as collaborating on department-wide or company-wide initiatives.
- This position does not have managerial responsibility or budgetary discretion.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in the life sciences industry drafting and negotiating a variety of contracts
- Prior in-house experience as a member of a legal department or clinical affairs department in a biotechnology or pharmaceuticals company or drafting and negotiating clinical trial agreements in-house at a hospital organization strongly preferred
- Experience with clinical trial agreements, GCP guidelines and regulatory requirements for global clinical trials is preferred
- Exceptional contract drafting and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, problem-solve and operate in a fast paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including proven ability to interact and communicate effectively with individuals from multiple departments at all levels of the organization
- Excellent professionalism and interpersonal skills with sound judgment and commitment to ethical conduct
- Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information using excellent discretion and judgment
- Strong computer skills and experience with contract management systems and electronic signature systems
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously and still meet high quality and timeliness standards under pressure
- Demonstrates business partner orientation and ability to recognize and to respond quickly, clearly and pragmatically to urgent situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills that are demonstrated by being articulate, direct and forthright, and serving as a collaborative and decisive team member and a strategic thinker with a broad perspective
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple matters simultaneously and to respond to rapidly shifting priorities in ambiguous or challenging situations
- Comfortable and adept at balancing risk and opportunity
- At home in a results-driven, highly accountable environment where you can make a clear impact
- A team player, who listens effectively and invites response and discussion
- A collaborator who communicates in an open, clear, complete, timely and consistent manner
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We are driven by the pursuit of new ideas, new innovations, and new ways of thinking.
We know that what each and every one of us does matters and that our success depends on our ability to work together. We believe we are at our best as a company when our employees are thriving and foster a culture that provides opportunities to grow and develop professionally, while also having fun.