Materials Handler – Booming Life Sciences Company | 6 Month Contract or longer!
Our client, a biotechnology company focused on developing a stem cell-based cell therapy for Type 1 diabetes, is seeking an outstanding Materials Handler to join its growing team. The primary function of this contract role will be to unload and receive inbound shipments. The Materials Handler will also work closely with our operations and
manufacturing teams to support the routine operation and organization of the facilities.
The position will be located in Cambridge, MA (Kendall Square).
- Perform receiving activities for all supplies and equipment for the site, including materials receipt, stocking, properly label, and storage of materials in accordance with Semma standards
- Enter data relating to received items into ERP system
- Distribute received materials to internal customers per purchase order or end user requests
- Unpack and check goods received against purchase orders or invoices, maintain records of received goods, reject unsatisfactory items if necessary
- Manage inventory for cell production campaigns
- Prepare kitting packages for assembly production
- Additional responsibilities to support Materials Management as designated by management
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech/medical device industry
- Experience in handling routine laboratory chemicals and biological materials; experience in tissue culture laboratories preferred
- Exceptional organizational, record-keeping and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to perform the physical demands of the role, including lifting moderately heavy boxes, prolonged standing, pushing gas tanks, etc.
- Authorized to legally and permanently work in US
- High School Diploma (College Degree Preferable)
• Strong understanding of domestic and international shipping of cold chain products
in the Biotech/Life sciences industry and associated documentation needs
• Previous warehouse experience preferred
• NetSuite experience preferred
• Dangerous Goods Shipping Certified (IATA an