Req#: 9543735 | Administrative Assistant – Biotech | Oncology
Senior Administrative Assistant, Oncology Research, Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Inc.
Professionally and effectively provide Sr. Administrative Assistant support, with minimal supervision, to several Oncology Leadership Team members. Additionally, assist in department operational and administrative needs as an active participant on the Oncology Administrative Team.
Successful candidate must be a team player who can handle multiple assignments while proactively reaching out within the organization to find solutions, resolve scheduling conflicts, anticipate needs of manager, have excellent attention to detail, and function as a partner.
• Managing calendars, travel arrangements, processing expense reports, arranging video conferences and internal (department) /external meetings
• Excellent interpersonal and written/oral communication skills required for interaction with internal and external partners, ability work with people at various levels and across the organization effectively, and improve admin processes.
• Maintain a high level of confidentiality and securely handle sensitive material with all levels of management, in a professional manner.
• May be responsible for composing correspondences and communicating information on behalf of manager.
• Scheduling some interview candidates and managing the logistics for their visits
• Assisting with the logistics of other Oncology team events as needed
• BA/BS highly preferred.
• Experience working with an executive level manager strongly preferred.
• 2-4 years of administrative experience preferred
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Superior attention to details
• Experience with Microsoft Outlook a plus
• Demonstrated ability in using standard office tools including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and to perform tasks simultaneously, with or without supervision, in a fast-paced team environment
• Ability to be resourceful, build essential internal network, obtain information from the Intranet, learn new software programs quickly
• Excellent interpersonal skills (team player)
• Excellent (oral and written) communication skills
• An understanding of Novartis policies and procedures is a plus. A basic understanding of Oncology would also be a plus.