Student Accounts Coordinator
Our client is a private career-focused college in the Boston. With a Mission to prepare students for successful careers and global citizenship through academic rigor and individualized support, Bay State College seeks candidates who will be leaders in fulfilling that Mission.
The Student Accounts Coordinator is a full-time position in the Student Business Center, responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of the Office of Student Financial Services. The Coordinator is a cross-trained professional that also supports individuals seeking assistance from other departments in the Business Center, including the Office of Financial Aid and the Registrar. This individual should have strong customer service and problem-solving skills, as well as a commitment to working with a diverse group of
students in support of the mission of the institution and the overall goals of increasing enrollment, retention, and graduation rates.
- Serve as a front-line resource for prospective, current, and former students, as well as their families, providing exceptional customer service to all parties.
- Promote self-service tools among students, including web-based resources and the Student Portal; assist with training students on the functionality of these tools to increase self-sufficiency and 24/7 customer service.
- Provide guidance to faculty, staff, and administration in their support of students; solve problems and direct individuals to appropriate resources within the institution when appropriate.
- Assist with the weekly identification processing, and scheduling of student stipends, serving as the point of contact with outside vendors and with the institution’s Finance Department.
- Maintain accurate and timely data in the student information system and reconciliation of such data, including book vouchers, annual health insurance waivers and enrollments, student Title IV authorizations, and 1098Ts.
- Assist with enrollment changes and post billing adjustments accordingly in compliance with all institutional, state, and federal regulations.
- Reconcile all daily transactions, including the posting of all funds to student ledgers, reconciling and releasing funds to the general ledger, and daily bank deposits.
- Maintain and update the checkbook and Student Financial Services grids on a daily basis, ensuring reconciliation with the Finance and Financial Aid Departments; identify payments from outside sources, including international wires.
- Provide receipts for each individual Title IV disbursement.
- Coordinate student appointments and protect the confidentiality of student records and files within the Student Business Center.
- Assist with maintenance of data within the student information system, including report writing and batch jobs.
- Provide regular reports and updates to the Director on areas related to Student Accounts.
- Facilitate the student ID card process for all incoming students and process replacement cards for students when necessary.
- Represent the Department at various events including Financial Aid and Registration Days, Orientation, and Admissions events.
- Other special projects and job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2-4 years of student financial service experience preferred. Experience with CampusVue a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to cultivate and manage relationships with students and their families; also must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, with the ability to self-manage multiple projects while working under deadlines during peak times of the year. Supervisory Responsibility: Supervise work-study students occasionally.
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 to 15 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Stooping. Bending body downward and forward.
- Normal office conditions. Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including evening and weekend hours. May require travel to the Taunton location occasionally.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected. May require travel to other locations occasionally. Department: Student Financial Services
- Director of Student Financial Services
- Full-Time, Exempt
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
- 2-4 years of student financial service experience. (Preferred).
- Boston and Taunton, MA
Salary: Negotiable Pre-Hire Process:
Work Authorization: United States (Required). Willing to undergo background check