Temporary Senior Meetings & Events Planner (6 months) $35-40/hr
The Temporary Senior Meetings & Events Planner will be responsible for delivering meeting planning for a variety of complex face to face and virtual meetings and cross-functional engagements. This role is responsible for the tracking of all logistics, curating attendee communications and engagement, and keeping the planning team informed on roles and responsibilities, updates, timelines and deliverables throughout the planning process
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans and executes internal and external face to face and virtual meetings globally, including; venue sourcing, contract negotiations, budgeting, food & beverage, audio visual production, and on-site execution.
- Participates in hotel, venue, and vendor contracting and negotiations, securing the best possible terms and cost savings.
- Contributes to the generation of solutions and recommendations and the preparation of presentations to internal stakeholders.
- Builds registration sites and manage attendee communication.
- Works closely with GM&E Management on planning and execution of events and support on special projects.
- Participates in internal team projects and efficiency initiatives to identify areas for process and workflow improvements
Required Education Level
- Bachelor's degree
- Typically requires at least 5 years of experience in meeting and even planning, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Skilled meeting planning experience with executing both virtual and face-to-face meetings ranging from Advisory Boards to Sales Meetings
- Strong project management skills often managing multiple pressing priorities and working to challenging and changing deadlines
- Ability to navigate and be successful in a fast-paced, highly-matrixed work environment
- Oral and written communication skills to explain complex information
- Ability to collaborate well with internal peers and external vendors
- Ability to think creatively and strategically to move projects through to completion
- Experience working with Logistics Agencies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- CMP and or CMM Certification (a plus but not required)
- Prior working knowledge of Cvent Event Management software program