|Who We Are
Devoted, perceptive, enthusiastic, caring and creative.
Check out our new website here and watch our company video to learn more about who we are and how we provide you with the best experience working with the Laufer and Associates team.
Tailor your job search directly on our website to find exactly what you are looking for and use our new job alerts to sign up for updates on the latest job postings that match your previous searches and be the first to see what new opportunities are knocking at your door!
|From the Desk of Julie Laufer
|Hello Friends,In the flurry of being the competent and capable you during the holidays, this is a reminder to take time for yourself to avert the potential annual stressors of this season. This month we feature some tips on how to fend off the holiday blues that some of us may feel. Wishing you a merry and bright holiday season of stockings filled with love, family, friendship, joy, success and health. Warmest wishes,
|Temps of the Month – Jared Rosa & Yana Bushmelov
|In August, I returned to America from a year of working and traveling in Japan. With no immediate employment prospects, I reached out to Laufer and Associates for help in the job search. After a brief phone call with Ms. Natasia Lowe discussing my skills and aspirations, I was brought into the office on a Monday for a more formal meeting. ByWednesday I had an interview at a company that aligned with my skill-sets and interests, by Friday I had an offer, and I began work the next Monday. I was amazed by not only how streamlined, organized, and fast the entire process was but the level of attention and dedication Ms. Lowe and Ms. Laufer gave to me. With our current economy and levels of unemployment, no matter what your situation is, finding a job can be an arduous and time consuming process. I would not hesitate to recommend Laufer and Associates to any of my peers who are looking for immediate work in the Boston area!Now, I am happily employed and truly enjoy the work I do every day, and find it to be both highly meaningful and intellectually stimulating. I wake up every morning excited to go to work and grateful for the opportunity. I am happy to be in a position where I feel that my work makes a difference and I couldn’t have gotten here without Laufer and Associates. Thank you!
I couldn’t be more thankful for all the help I received from Laufer and Associates. I have been to other staffing companies and I have never felt as comfortable and cared about as I did when I went in to meet with Julie Laufer. Julie really understood what kind of position I was looking for and found a perfect fit for me during our first meeting. It was wonderful to work with someone who actually listened and really tried to find a position that met all of my criteria. When I found out that I got the job, I was ecstatic because this was a company that I was interested in being a part of and I wouldn’t have been able to attain this without Laufer and Associates. The process was very quick and smooth, and Julie and Kat walked me through each step, keeping me informed along the way. I have been working for two months now and I couldn’t be happier at this company. I am very appreciative of all the help and support I have received from the Laufer and Associates staff. It has been a very pleasant experience working with Laufer and Associates and I hope many more will have the opportunity and experience like I did!
|Be Merry. Stay Motivated.
|It may be the “most wonderful time of the year,” but these festive months unfortunately tend to result in major losses in productivity while at work. With it being so easy to mentally check out as the holidays arrive, how can we enjoy this time of the year while keeping ourselves motivated at work?Struggling to stay motivated at work during the holiday season easily leads to losing focus on the matters at hand, and when you are overwhelmed with holiday obligations it’s difficult to keep up yourself motivated at work. However, this time of year can be more productive for you if you keep a few things in perspective and plan accordingly.
- Be flexible: When you are responsive to change and are willing to adapt, you are more capable of successfully juggling end-of-the-year projects as well as the busy social scene.
- Don’t over commit: Maintaining a manageable work-life balance is always important, but you’ll find it to be imperative this time of year. As tempting as it may be, don’t weigh down your calendar with social engagements. Over-doing it can lead to a stall in productivity, which can easily lead to unwanted stress and sickness this holiday season.
- Start every day with an end goal in mind: Focus on one project at a time and watch out for distractions that keep you running behind such as taking a longer lunch than planned or getting online holiday shopping done at work.
- Network: Take advantage of the events and parties you attend by meeting new people in your industry and broadening your network. If you pick your parties and your conversations just right, you could set yourself up for a new business opportunity in the coming year.
- Remove excess clutter: Organize your desk and files; coming back to a clean desk after the holidays are over will give you a boost. Clutter causes distractions and can make every job seem a little harder when you have to sift every time you’re attempting to locate something. Simplify your life; your 2016 self will thank you.
The most important thing is to enjoy this time of year by managing what you can control at work and letting go of things that keep you from appreciating the holiday season!